ICT Sector Expert
February 20 2019
Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The objective of the project is to support ICT infrastructure investment and project preparation capacity in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The areas of technical assistance may include support to both public sector and private sector in the following key areas:
- Study broadband market attractiveness and policies affecting ICT investment in the region, possibly identify potential investors and make policy recommendations to attract private sector investment
- Legislative and regulatory framework advice, possibly to include tariff setting, open access and interconnection, licensing, etc.
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building, especially for project planning and prioritization, PPPs, economic and financial analysis, etc.
This position is short-term technical assistance and will report to the Project Director in the home office in Washington, D.C.
- At least ten (10) years of professional work experience, with a major focus in ICT infrastructure regulatory policy and investment planning, to include backbone networks, fiber optic cables, data centers, and/or innovative IT technology, such as that for urban transport, etc.;
- Regional experience working with public and private ICT sector stakeholders in the Eastern European and Central Asia regions;
- Bachelors level degree or equivalent in the fields of engineering, economics, business, law or other related fields;
- Experience working with multilateral development banks (EBRD, WB, ADB, etc.);
- Fluency in English required;
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, finance, law or other related fields;
- Proficiency in other European or Central Asian languages preferred.