Senior Airports Sector Expert, International Development
February 6 2019
Eastern Europe & Mediterranean
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The objective of the project is to support improved infrastructure project preparation capacity and facilitate an increase in sustainable PPPs in Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean.
This position is short-term technical assistance and will report to the Project Director in the home office in Washington, D.C.
The Primary Responsibilities may include components of the following:
Large-Scale Planning and Prioritization:
- Performing a diagnostic of a country’s airports sector;
- Performing gap analysis of the sector’s enabling environment (including legal and regulatory environment, investment climate, institutional capacity, etc.);
- Evaluating a national master plan for the airports sector;
- Evaluating a master plan and assessing the business cases prepared for specific airports;
- Evaluating a tariff-setting methodology, including economic regulation;
- Supporting with project identification and prioritization for airport sector projects.
Project-Specific Support and Analysis:
- Ensuring compliance with ICAO safety and security recommendations.
- Preparing technical components of prefeasibility and feasibility assessments of airports projects under consideration, including proposing estimate of CAPEX for airport expansion and modernization;
- Performing market analysis and preparing traffic demand forecast for passengers and air cargo;
- Conducting technical due diligence of airports projects; and
- Supporting preparation of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) for airport sector projects, including concession strategies and technical components of bidding documents, such as defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and required investments.
- At least ten (10) years of professional work experience, with a major focus on either airport sector reform and planning or airport sector PPPs, or both;
- Bachelors level degree or equivalent in the fields of engineering, aeronautics, or other related fields;
- Familiarity with local conditions in the Eastern European and Mediterranean region;
- Previous experience in technical feasibility study preparation and technical design of airport projects;
- Experience in technical due diligence of airport sector projects, both projects fully funded by the government and for PPPs;
- Participation in at least five (5) airport sector projects with relevance to the primary responsibilities listed above;
- Lead role in at least three (3) airport sector projects with relevance to the primary responsibilities within the last 7 years;
- Experience working with multilateral development banks (EBRD, WB, AfDB, ADB, IDB, ect)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Fluency in English required.
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, finance, law or other related fields; and
- Proficiency in Arabic or Russian preferred.