Call For Experts For Anticipated Monitoring And Research Services In East Africa, International Development
January 11 2019
Nathan Associates Inc., a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking mid and senior level technical experts for provision of monitoring and research services beginning March 2019. Nathan Associates is a leading provider of economic and management consultancy services worldwide.
Each assignment support will be required in areas such as:
- Strengthening of results frameworks (at corporate/regional, program and project levels);
- Design or refinement of data collection methodologies and monitoring tools; and
- Data collection and analysis (including baseline surveys) on specified monitoring indicators and for various interventions implemented across Eastern Africa.
The scope will cover activities in in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and DRC. Project will also work closely with East African Community (EAC) institutions, national governments, the private sector and civil society organizations. The main recipient will be TradeMark East Africa and its partner institutions.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in M&E related to donor-funded development programs within Africa, with a preference for at least five (5) relevant assignments completed in East Africa within the past five (5) years;
- Preference will be given to M&E experience gained in one or more of the following areas: transport infrastructure and logistics; trade systems; regional integration; and interventions designed to improve the competitiveness of businesses, particularly in East Africa;
- At least four (4) years’ experience of undertaking feasibility studies; thematic research; baseline data collection; developing results frameworks, M&E guidance and tools; or delivering M&E training. Preference will be given where experts can demonstrate that they have completed at least three (3) similar assignments in these functional areas in East Africa within the past four (4) years;
- Must be fully proficient in verbal and written English; and
- Must be fully proficient in either French, Kiswahili
- Must be a citizen of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and DRC
Please apply by submitting a CV in English to *protected email* by January 21, 2019. Applicants should list their area of expertise in the subject line. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.