Associate, Litigation & Expert Services
November 15 2018
Houston, TX , United States
Nathan Associates seeks qualified candidates for an Associate position within the company’s Litigation & Expert Services division in Houston, Texas. Associates at Nathan work closely with our prominent experts to prepare expert opinions and testimony on behalf of leading laws firms and their clients involved in various types of litigation matters, including labor and employment, breach of contract, financial litigation, intellectual property, and general commercial litigation in federal and state courts. Associates may also work on business and industry consulting projects on behalf of companies, trade associations, and governments.
- Assist with day-to-day project activities across a range of expertise areas, but primarily labor and employment, class actions, general business litigation, and intellectual property engagements.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables. May be responsible for portions of case management.
- Successfully work in a team environment, collaborate with Nathan experts, professionals from other firms, and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives.
- Assist with the supervision and development of junior and support staff.
- Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- 4 to 6 years of work experience, ideally in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Accounting and auditing experience preferred.
- Training and experience in applied microeconomics, econometrics, and statistics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong database management, data analytics skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management.
- Ability to understand legal documents and complex agreements is preferred.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.