Gender, Social Inclusion, and Women’s Economic Empowerment Consultants, International Development
March 5 2018
Arlington , Virginia , United States
Nathan Associates is seeking mid- and senior-level gender consultants for short, mid, and long-term consulting opportunities and inclusion in Nathan Associates’ gender specialist roster. Nathan Associates is specifically looking for technical experts with expertise incorporating gender and social inclusion considerations and promoting women’s empowerment in the following areas:
- Economic growth, including employment and entrepreneurship
- Trade facilitation and border management
- Employment and entrepreneurship
- Public financial management
- Legal and regulatory reform
- Infrastructure development
- Agriculture and food security
- Monitoring and evaluation
Key responsibilities include providing technical assistance to programs and new business development. Candidates should have excellent technical experience in one or more of the areas above, knowledge of USAID, DFID, and other donors, and proven consulting skills. Gender specialists will serve as individual consultants, team leaders, or team members for remote-based and international global assignments.
- Minimum experience as follows: PhD with 4+ years technical experience, or Master’s Degree with 6+ years’ technical experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relevant technical experience;
- Experience in the following: conducting gender analyses, assessments, and qualitative and quantitative research studies; integrating gender and social inclusion considerations and women’s empowerment activities into program design and implementation; designing and facilitating gender trainings; integrating gender considerations into M&E systems and structures; designing gender integration tools and toolkits; developing risk mitigation strategies to prevent and address unintended, negative consequences – including gender-based violence.
- Field experience required. Please list all countries of prior work experience in CV;
- Prior experience working with USAID, DFID or another donor required;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of at least one other language preferred;
- Strong communications skills and effective report-writing skills;
- Experience working with complex, multi-disciplinary teams;
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender considerations into non-gender related programming;
- Willingness to travel.