Nathan Associates is seeking a Managing Associate to support our Infrastructure Planning and Economics practice at our home office in Arlington, Virginia. Candidates must have a relevant advanced degree and significant, progressively responsible experience managing and providing technical assistance on donor-funded activities designed to promote the development of transport infrastructure projects including roads, ports, airports, and/or urban transport. Applicants must be self-directed and demonstrate an aptitude to work in a team environment, both as a leader and team player, and possess excellent project management, business development, proposal writing, and client management skills. The position will require frequent international travel.
- Project Management - Serve as project director and/or project support officer for designated projects. Manage complex projects (for clients or for internal purposes), including technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review/revision of final products. Prepare terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects, including initiation of concept, technical design, and staffing. Train and oversee work of junior staff.
- Business Development – Serve as either Proposal Director or Lead Technical drafter for proposals. Lead overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and/or multi-lateral clients (World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, USAID, DFID, AusAID, or others), gathering information and recruiting for anticipated procurements. Conceptualize and draft marketing materials on behalf of the Infrastructure Planning and Economics practice.
- Technical Work - Prepare reports for clients (requiring little or no editing by more senior staff). Make presentations to clients and to staff on technical subjects relating to transport infrastructure sectors and other client interests. Develop proprietary tools/methodologies for broader potential application.
- Advanced degree in relevant field such as Economics, Engineering, Public Policy, or International Relations
- Six to ten years of progressively responsible technical and project management experience on transport infrastructure projects
- Experience in project management or technical assistance for economic development projects
- Proven experience in maintaining and building client relationships with bi-lateral or multi-lateral donors
- Fluency in relevant foreign language such as French, Portuguese, or Spanish.
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities
- Excellent writing skills
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Experience in Transportation Policy and Planning
- Experience in Latin-America
To apply for this position (I-250), visit our consultant registry and select "Managing Associate - IPE" under Current Open Positions. Only qualified applicants should apply; only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Nathan Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.